As we come to the end of Green Careers Week 2023 it is the perfect opportunity for educators and sustainability experts to come together and celebrate the incredible strides we have made, in partnership with WWF-UK and Villiers Park as part of the Sustainable Futures programme. Whether you're a teacher or a sustainability expert, this blog post offers some ideas on making the most of Green Careers Week and promoting green career pathways.
Educators: Continue to Shape the Future
Green Careers Week is always an excellent time to emphasise the importance of careers in sustainability but it doesn’t need to stop there. Here's how you can build on the activity that took place this week:
- Organise guest speaker events: Invite in-person sustainability experts to your classroom or virtually to share their experiences and insights, providing students with valuable role models who share their career stories and support students to enter similar professions.
- Plan sustainability-related work experience: Encourage hands-on learning through eco-conscious business operations and activities with one of our partner employers, either through block placements or one-off workplace visits.
- Access our Sustainable Futures educator resources and CPD training to bring sustainable careers into your classroom.
Sustainability business role models: Tell your stories
Green Careers Week is an opportunity to showcase your work, inspire and offer guidance to the next generation of talent to encourage them to consider a career in sustainability but why not do it 365 days of the year?
Do you volunteer for Founders4Schools? Here's how you can participate:
- Host workshops or webinars: Check your dashboard and emails regularly to see if you have an invite from one of our schools and say YES to sharing your expertise through informative sessions on sustainable and eco-friendly business practices or green career paths.
- Share success stories: Use social media and other platforms to share your career journey and early years opportunities in your company and don’t forget to tag us! @founder4schools
- Work experience programme: Consider offering a virtual or in-person work experience opportunity to students and help guide and inspire the next generation of sustainability enthusiasts.
Looking to get involved?
Find out how you can support our Sustainable Futures Programme whether that be as a volunteer, a host for work experience or a corporate sponsor.
>> Get involved!
Let’s build on the impact of Green Careers Week to foster connections, raise awareness and work together to promote green economy careers and a sustainable future for the next generation!